WritingWritings about architecture have appeared in ARCHITECT, ICON, Metropolis, Newcity, among others.
Writings about urban planning, policy, and the systems of cities have appeared in CityLab, Belt Magazine, New Geography, among others.
Writings about baseball have appeared in The Hardball Times.
A few select pieces:
- “Should We Always Deride the Donut?” - The Hardball Times
- “The Problem with Poughkeepsie” - ARCHITECT
- “Lifting a Small Town Through a Land Bank Arts Program” - CityLab
- "The Freedom Project: How Cities Like Chicago Will Preserve Freedom, Democratic Norms and Usher In a New Hanseatic League" - Newcity
- "Population Ain't Nothing But a Number: Standardizing the Size of the Great American City" - Belt Magazine
- “Pittsburgh, and the Magic of Failure” - Gapers Block
“Ben Schulman on the ‘Magic of Failure’" - Reihan Salam, The National Review
- “Are Smartphones Changing the Geography of Our Cities” - Jarrett Walker, Human Transit (re: “The Car as Smartphone: Effects on the Built Environment and Sociality”)
ARCHIVE COMING. SOMETIME.